The Project Manager (PM) is primarily responsible for the error free execution of customer projects within assigned accounts. Attention to detail is crucial as is the ability to effectively and efficiently complete daily workload requirements. The ability to understand and adhere to company policies and procedures for filling out paperwork and using the Pace ERP system is critical. Acts as the communication link between the customer, senior account executive/senior project manager and all internal departments, and works closely with these groups to ensure an accurate, complete understanding of the customer’s needs, expectations and specific project requirements. Receives and processes customer inquiries and requests, obtains and assembles information and reports and carries the chief responsibility for job writing and job planning. Oversees jobs as they progress through the production process including ensuring Quality Control procedures are followed to meet or exceed the customer’s expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages internal and external project deliverables for assigned tasks within specified customer accounts
- Accurately executes simple to moderate projects with little or no assistance.
- Fluent in the operation and accurate performance of all Pace ERP system and Yunker process requirements related to the company’s sales support efforts.
- Accurately executes moderate to complex projects with little or no assistance.
- Adheres to customer-specific standards, metrics and requirements while maintaining work quality and the timely completion of all deliverables. Maintains client reporting as required.
- Works directly with customers as needed and/or based on the client relationship.
- Enters and plans jobs and is responsible for overseeing jobs as they progress through the production process to ensure accurate, timely completion. May also be required to estimate jobs.
- Ensures quality control/inspection functions are completed.
- Supports and facilitates all inter-departmental communication efforts and coordinates follow-up activities with resource departments as needed. Coordinates with the senior project manager, client relations manager and senior account executive when necessary. Supports the director of account services in various tasks as assigned.
- Partners with other internal stakeholders to ensure the efficient execution of all job requirements.
- Responsible for the inspection of jobs, performing quality control checks of content, print quality/color, finishing and packaging as needed and/or required by customer specifications. Includes involvement in final pack outs to ensure accurate packaging.
- Supports the director of account services in various tasks as assigned.
- Handles Finished Goods inventory management – evaluates reports and initiates new part number institution and entry.
- Maintains or exceeds the professional standards established by Yunker Inc. executive management team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Collegiate degree preferred. Minimum of 1 year of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Fluency in English (written and verbal). Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions. This person must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with people at all levels within Yunker Industries and client organizations.
Must have strong time management and prioritizing capabilities. Able to organize, manage and complete all workflow commitments based on organizational and customer demands. Strong personal communication skills and the ability to work with constantly changing priorities are required.
Computer knowledge is required including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Must have the ability to learn the company’s Pace ERP system in order to enter jobs, plan and possibly estimate jobs following Yunker-Pace processes and procedures. Pace system experience is preferred. Possesses the ability to accurately and efficiently perform daily data entry operations. Must be able to accurately link files in the job Reference Data tab and be able to navigate/utilize all LAN resources.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to solve conceptual math problems efficiently.
Must have the ability to think logically and critically toward the execution of written and oral instructions. Ability to solve variable based problems. Ability to learn, execute and train to internal production processes and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is fast paced and may require overtime as the task load dictates. While the vast majority of the employee’s time will be spent in their described area there will be times when effort and leadership will be required in the production area to ensure project execution.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.