The Client Relations Manager (CRM) is responsible for deepening client relationships and increasing revenue within assigned accounts. Acts as the primary point-of-contact for all client communications, activities and directives including, but not limited to, quote, creative and engineering requests. Oversees all awarded projects from inception to completion and is accountable for being the expert on all aspects of the customer’s business portfolio. Actively looks for ways to add value to the client relationship and partners closely with the Yunker senior account executive and project management teams to ensure accurate, complete understanding and execution of the customer’s needs, expectations and specific project requirements. Must have demonstrated experience in a customer-facing role, project management coordination, delegation and execution expertise, and the ability to maintain or exceed the professional standards required by Yunker Industries. Requires a strong aptitude for critical, analytical and strategic thinking, along with the ability to provide leadership and coaching to the project management team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as the client liaison for all project management logistics and owns the internal orchestration of tasks and the execution of all project deliverables.
- Reviews and/or submits all RFQ estimating opportunities with precision and attention to detail; proactively collaborates with the senior account executive and/or the client to ensure the accuracy and comprehensiveness of the information.
- Works closely with the senior project manager to ensure the project management team fully understands all aspects of a given project. Assists with the delegation of tasks to project management team members to expedite internal job assignments and keep the project moving forward.
- Fluent in the operation and performance of all Pace ERP system and Yunker process requirements related to the company’s sales support efforts.
- Requires a full understanding of, and the ability to perform, the job duties and responsibilities of project management staff. Estimates, writes and plans jobs accurately and completely as needed.
- Provides leadership, coaching and feedback to the project management team including, but not limited to, the development of customer-specific standards, metrics and requirements, overseeing work quality and execution, managing deadlines and ensuring quality control/inspection functions are completed.
- Is the subject matter expert on all aspects of assigned customer accounts. Exhibits a complete understanding of each client’s business, products, projects and expectations.
- Collaborates, supports and facilitates inter-departmental communication efforts and coordinates follow-up activities with resource departments like industrial design, installation, creative and prototype for new concepts and complex projects. Works closely with production departments on all projects.
- Continuously looks for new ways to add value to the client relationship – through customer service, data management, reporting, proactive communication, presentations, new material recommendations and the use of other sales and marketing tools.
- Assists in the training and development of the project management team in respect to customer service and project management skills and activities.
- Some travel is required to cultivate the client relationship, collaborate on awarded projects, recommend new projects and assist the customer with go-forward decision making to further grow the business.
- Supports the director of client services by performing various tasks as assigned.
- Works closely with the executive management team to strategize on pricing, sales forecasting and issue resolution to ensure customer satisfaction and continued business growth.
The client relations manager must exhibit leadership responsibilities in accordance with company policies, procedures, safety, and applicable laws. Must be able to maintain employee confidentialities and be familiar with and be able to execute in accordance with all HR policies. Must also have the ability to effectively direct and supervise project management staff as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Collegiate degree preferred. A minimum of 5 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Experience in a customer-facing role, supervisory experience and graphic print industry experience are strongly preferred.
Fluent in English (written and verbal). This person must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with people at all levels within Yunker Industries and client organizations.
Must have strong time management and prioritizing capabilities. Able to organize, manage and complete all workflow commitments based on organizational and customer demands. Strong personal communication skills and the ability to work with constantly changing priorities are required.
Computer knowledge is required including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Must have the ability to learn the company’s Pace ERP system in order to estimate, enter jobs and plan jobs following Yunker-Pace processes and procedures. Pace system experience is preferred. Possesses the ability to accurately and efficiently perform daily data entry operations. Must be able to accurately link files in the job Reference Data tab and be able to navigate/utilize all LAN resources.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to solve conceptual math problems efficiently and accurately.
Must have the ability to think logically and critically toward the execution of written and oral instructions. Able to solve variable based problems. Has the aptitude to learn, perform and train to internal production processes and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is fast paced and may require overtime as the workload dictates. While the vast majority of the employee’s time will be spent in their described work area there will be times when effort and leadership will be required in the production area to ensure accurate and timely project execution.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.