main photo
arrow
who we are
leadership
history
history
We started in 1948 by Warren & Mary Helen Yunker while working for his uncle's grocery store following World War II

Warren was asked to hand paint the paper window signs promoting weekly sale items. For him, it was an opportunity to utilize his creative talents and put a little extra money in the pockets of a young couple. His signs quickly made an impact in the neighborhood and drew the attention of other retailers and his dream of building a business based on "fans" not customers and a culture built around "family", not employees came to life in downtown Chicago when he purchased his first press, hired his first employees and opened the doors to Yunker Sign & Display.

As the years passed and the company grew, retailers across the US became "fans" and temporary signs and displays grew to include permanent and semi-permanent graphics, branding elements and display fixtures as well as wayfinding programs. Growth lead the company to move and make Lake Geneva, WI home since 1976.

Today as a leading retail marketing services organization, Yunker Industries creates innovative and compelling selling solutions. Re-imaging retail defines our overall approach of balancing both front-end design and solution development along with the critical details that make or break project implementation.